After spending 20 years in Corporate America helping Fortune 500 companies manage multi-million dollar growth strategies, Jennie left her partnership in a global consulting firm to launch her own company. Besides her role as CEO, she also serves as a professional speaker, an Adjunct Professor in Strategy, a Board member, and the author of Corporate Rehab: Ditch the Hustle Culture and Thrive Again.
Her coaching and speaking business focuses on female executives looking to reach the next level of leadership without losing themselves in the process and on companies interested in building human-centered cultures. She lives in Washington, DC with her husband, two kids and Labrador puppy, and is trying to enjoy this chance to rewrite the next chapter of her career and life by running 10 milers, learning poetry, and joining an adult ice hockey league.
What we discuss in this episode:
- Jennie shares her story and explains what the "hustle culture" is and what the recovery process looks like when you reconnect with who you are and what you want rather than falling under the spell of Supermom/Hustle Culture.
- "A woman's value is so often defined by how much she gives to other people". We discuss why this statement is so detrimental and how we can change our mindset and find the value in who we are as human beings.
- Cues that help us know we're stuck in the hustle culture and how we can get ourselves out of it.
- Jennie shares two stories from her book.
- The REHAB framework for overcoming hustle culture: Recognize, Evaluate, Heal, Arise, Build
- Anybody have mom-guilt when you take time for yourself? We chat about the importance of self-care and ignoring the "crazy lady in the attic".
- Not sure where to start? Become aware of your thoughts, limiting beliefs and language that you're using with yourself.
Resources and Links:
- www.corporate-rehab.com to order Jennie's book or attend any of her workshops/events.
- Connect with Jennie on instagram @corporaterehab