Dr Orlena trained as a pediatric doctor. She now works as a health coach, teaching busy women to lead their most healthy life in a way they love. So they can feel amazing, lead a long life and teach their kids healthy living habits.
What we discuss in this episode:
- Dr. Orlena shares her journey about how she wasn't showing up like she wanted to for her kids and in life and what she did to change that.
- How parenting is hard, but when we show up for ourselves first then we can show up for our kids.
- If we don't learn emotional wellness for ourselves, we can't model it for/teach it to our kids.
- Why self care is not a luxury, it's an integral part in keeping us healthy and well…also what can happen if we don't take care of ourselves.
- Dr. Orlena's Four Pillars: Healthy Eating, Movement That Lights You Up, Sleep and Managing Stress.
- It's not just about health, it's about your energy, enjoying life to the fullest and truly living…and it all starts with self care.
- Tools for managing the big emotions and high hormones of the postpartum period.
- What mirror neurons are and how can understanding them help us gain emotional wellness.
- Inspiration to help us make the changes we need to make in order to be well and prioritize ourselves.
Resources and Links: